2008 Shelby GT500KR, 1 of 328 black cars built, (total of 1011)
List of Unique parts; (Different from GT500’s)
. 540-horsepower and 510 ft.-lbs. of torque. (Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pack featuring revised calibration and cold air intake system)
- 3.73:1 rear axle ratio. (standard GT500’s got a 3.31)
- Ford Racing short-throw shifter.
- Ford Racing performance exhaust system.
- Ford Racing suspension tuning: springs, dampers, and stabilizer bars.
- Front strut tower brace.
- Front brake cooling ducts and unique front valence.
- ‘Shelby’ lettering across the front edge of hood and rear decklid.
- Shelby KR unique sidestripes and emblem on rear.
- 40th Anniversary KR badges are on the front fenders and grill.
- Carroll Shelby signature embroidered headrests and floor mats.
- Official Shelby CSM 40th Anniversary GT500KR dash plate and engine compartment plate.
- Shelby-designed ‘GT500KR’ 20-inch wheels. (18-inch version for production)
- Carbon-fiber front splitter/spoiler.
- Carbon fiber mirror covers.
- Carbon fiber rocker panels.
- Unique carbon fiber composite hood featuring classic Shelby ‘KR’ design and hood pins.
- Different rear spoiler.
- Stickier GoodYear Wingfoot tires
- Unique KR billet aluminum caps on engine.
Notes: Most KR’s I have seen have Navigation, this car has the Shaker 1000 Stereo Option instead. Im pretty sure all the other options are the same in all the KR’s: HID Headlamps, Ambient lighting, GT500 Premium Trim pkg, Sirius Sat radio, and Shelby KR Pkg.
A remarkable amount of engineering went into upgrading the base GT500 to KR specs. That’s a lot of work for a run of 1,571 vehicles (1,000 in the ’08 model year, and 571 in the ’09 model year, which equals the original run of GT500KRs).
“The KR is much more than just a great straight-line performer,” says Jamal Hameedi, chief program engineer at Ford SVT. “It’s the complete package-handling, power, and performance. The team put the GT500KR through rigorous testing and have witnessed slalom runs with sustained lateral acceleration of 1.0 g on the skidpad. Those are world-class numbers.”
- There are no features available
No location available